Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blackberry Mail

I can't believe the number of shocked responses about my last post. Are you people all stupid? Of course we can read your Blackberry mail - what are you, completely naive?

Let me explain to you how the system works. And I will use simple terms so that any people from Hamilton who might be reading can understand. When you use a Blackberry, no matter where you are in the world, no matter who you are, the mail goes through a server farm at the Research In Motion headquarters in Waterloo up here in Canada. This is public knowledge, and while we don't actually broadcast that little detail we also don't deny it if someone asks.

Now, we will give you some mumbo jumbo bullshit about encryption and security and all, but the fact of the matter is this: You would have to be a complete bunch of morons to have this data at your fingertips and not just happen to make an unencrypted copy of everything and archive it away. For, er, security reasons. So yeah, we can read your mail if you use a Blackberry, don't go acting all surprised about it. I provide some hot big-boobed "assistants" for the boys over in operations, and they give me quiet access to the data. It's win-win. Well, for us. For you it pretty much sucks.

And I guess I shouldn't worry about anyone from Hamilton actually trying to read this. The words "Hamilton" and "reading" don't really go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment